Club History

Cold Spring Country Club’s rich tradition and history date back to 1919 when Otto Kahn commissioned the leading golf architect of the era, Seth Raynor, to design the golf course comprised of over 170 acres of rolling wooded terrain that circles around OHEKA Castle.  The course, castle and adjoining property were the second largest estate in America at the time. Other Raynor-designed courses include The Creek Club in Locust Valley, Mid Ocean Club in Bermuda and The Old White at Greenbrier in West Virginia.

In 1947 the golf course was sold to the former members of Willowbrook Country Club and Cold Spring Country Club was formed. The stables were converted into a clubhouse and eventually a pool and tennis courts were built. 

But Cold Spring is more than a golf course; it prides itself on a truly family friendly atmosphere with generations of members calling it their home away from home.

The club offers its members and guests all of the amenities one would expect from a premier private country club. The clubhouse hosts full service food and entertainment for the members and their guests and has a large catering capability for parties, banquets and outings.  The championship golf course is always maintained in impeccable condition and has some of the best and fastest greens on Long Island.  There are also two swimming pools, six tennis courts and a fully stocked pro shop.

The par-71 course can play as a championship course from the back tees or as a beginner’s course from the family tees, with many levels and tees in between. The club also has an extensive practice and teaching facility with a full grass driving range, oversized practice putting green and a chipping/pitching green that also has two sand traps. One of the most admired qualities of the course is that no two holes are alike and all of the holes are replicas of courses Otto Kahn played around the world. Due to the varied terrain and wooded nature each hole is separated from the other as the golf course winds around the castle.